Tournament Format & Rules
2016 Randolph Memorial Day Tournament Rules & Format
- The tournament is scheduled for Friday, May 27th, Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th, 2016.If weather or field conditions are unfit for play on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday, we will move balance of games to Monday May 30th, 2016. Every effort will be made to play games as scheduled, however, it may be necessary to shorten games or reschedule games. Coaches will be notified as soon as possible in the event of cancellations or schedule changes. If the tournament is cancelled for any reason before the start of the tournament, at least 80% of a team’s entry fee will be returned. If the tournament is postponed or rescheduled, a new permission to host agreement must be submitted to NJYS and all teams that applied to the original date must be given the opportunity to withdraw from the revised date of the tournament with a full refund of their entry fees.
- The tournament is being conducted for the enjoyment of the players. The goal of the tournament committee is for players, coaches and spectators to have a safe, enjoyable weekend of soccer. We expect all involved to show the highest standard of sportsmanship.
- All games will be played in accordance with FIFA laws, except as specifically superceded by these rules.
- All decisions of the referee and the tournament committee are final. There will be no protests or appeals.
- If in the opinion of the tournament director, the conduct of any team, its coaches or supporters do not meet the standards of sportsmanship appropriate for youth soccer, the team may be barred from further participation in the tournament. There will be no refund of fees or costs in the event of expulsion. A full report will be sent to the appropriate state association and league.
- Neither the tournament committee, the Randolph Soccer Club, nor any sponsor will be liable for any expenses incurred by tournament participants if the tournament is canceled for any reason. Furthermore, the Tournament Committee’s interpretation of the foregoing rules and regulations shall be final and the Tournament Committee reserves the right to rule on all matters pertaining to the tournament. The Tournament Committee assumes no responsibility and/or liability for the merchandise and/or services provided or sold by vendors or any other person. Finally, all players, coaches and team officials must be insured by their own club while participating in this tournament. If the tournament is canceled before the first game, a portion of the registration fees will be refunded in accordance with the following NJYSA requirements:
- Refunding a minimum of 80% of a team’s entry fees if the tournament is cancelled for any reason before the start of the tournament. The reason for cancellation might include weather, field usage, or sponsoring organization management decision.
- If a tournament is postponed or rescheduled, a new permission to host agreement must be submitted to NJYS and all teams that applied to the original date must be given the opportunity to withdraw from the revised date of the tournament with a full refund of their entry fees.
- Players may only participate for one team during the tournament.
GUEST PLAYERS - A maximum of three (3) guest players and / or secondary carded players combined.
- U08-U10 (Division Vl & V) will play 4 games and will be played on small-sided fields. (8 v 8) Each game will consist of two 25-minute halves and a five-minute halftime break.
- U11(Div lV) will play a minimum of 3 games with some having championship game ( see below), and will be played on a small sided fields.(8v8) Each game will consist of two 25 minute halves and a five minute halftime break.
- U12-U14 (Division III & Division IV) will play a minimum of 3 games with some having a championship game (see below), and will be played on full-sided fields. (11 v 11) Each game will consist of two 30-minute halves and a five-minute halftime break.
- The home team is the first team listed on the schedule for that particular game. The home team will change jerseys, if necessary or required by the referee.
- Parents and spectators must be located on the opposite side of the field from the players and a minimum of 3 feet behind the touchline or behind designated spectator lines.
- A player receiving a RED CARD during a tournament game will be suspended from play for one game, at a minimum. Any coach receiving a RED CARD will be barred from further participation in the tournament. A team that receives a RED CARD must re-register with tournament officials prior to playing its next scheduled game. The tournament director has the option to impose a more severe penalty. All RED CARDS will be reported to the New Jersey Youth Soccer Association who will forward this information to all appropriate state and league officials.
- The Tournament Committee, Randolph Soccer Club and Township of Randolph are waived, released, absolved and held harmless from any and all claims, contracts, liabilities and obligations incurred in the transportation or the providing of any medical treatment to any of the players, coaches and/or spectators on each team. It is the responsibility of the coach to authorize any medical treatment or transportation for medical treatment.
Placement of Flight:
Division of 8: Each team will play 3 games within a 4-team group. The group winners will play for the championship.
Division of 7: Each team will play a 4 game round robin schedule. The champion will be determined by point system. (Head to head will not be used as a tiebreaker if top two teams did not play each other.)
Division of 6: Each team will play two games within a three-team group and one cross over game. The group winners will play for the championship.
Division of 5: Each team will play a four game round robin schedule. The champion will be the top finishing team on Points. No Final will be played in 5 team Divisions.
Division of 4: Each team will play a three game round robin schedule. The first and second place teams will play for the division championship.
- U08-U10 At the direction of U.S. Youth Soccer and N.J. Youth Soccer, the following new rules effective August 1, 2002 shall apply:
- All players on teams U10 and younger will receive participation awards.
- Games will be non-results oriented. All players will receive participation awards. No playoffs and ties will stand.
- Scores of U10 and younger games WILL NOT be posted on the scoreboard.
- U10 and younger teams may not “play up” in a tournament.
- U11 through U14 - Flight Winners will be determined as follows:
- Flight winners are determined based on most points, which are earned as follows:
- Win= 3 points Tie=1 point Loss=0 points
- Any team with a Coach or Assistant Coach that has received a RED CARD will have one (1) point deducted from their total. This RED CARD penalty will not be a result of two (2) yellows, but a single RED CARD infraction.
- If two or more teams in a flight have an equal number of points after all games have been played, the tie will be broken in the following order, once a tie is broken, if two or more teams are still tied, the tie will be broken starting back at the beginning of the tie breakers with the remaining team(s):
- The result of head-to-head competition between the teams that are tied
- The teams with the most wins in scheduled tournament games
- The team with the fewest goals allowed in scheduled tournament games
- The team with the most shutouts
- The team with the greatest goal differential, maximum of three per game
- Penalty Kicks – FIFA’s penalty kick procedure will be used to determine the tie breaker
Resolving Ties in Championship Games:
- Overtime will be 1 - five minute periods with substitutions allowed. Overtime will be sudden death (Golden Goal).
If teams remain even at the end of overtime the game will be decided by the FIFA, Kicks from the Penalty Spot Procedure as outlined in the Laws of the Game; using only the players remaining on the field at the end of overtime.
1. In the event of inclement weather, all teams must report to their fields at their assigned times. The Tournament Committee will have the authority to change games as follows:
a. Relocate and/or reschedule any game.
b. Change duration of any game.
c. Cancel any game.
d. In the event of Lightning during any game it will up to the discretion of the head referee to stop the match. Game may be rescheduled or called a tie by the tournament committee. In the event the game is a flight winner deciding match and cannot be rescheduled, and the first half of the match has not been completed, then co-champions may be declared and first place awards will be given to both teams.
e. Games concluded because of weather or interference will be considered official after one half has been played.
Inclement weather during a match.
The match will be considered completed and the score will stand if one half has been completed. If less that one half has been completed, a 0-0 tie will be awarded by the Tournament Committee.
Inclement weather before the match.
Referees and/or Tournament Committee may reduce the length of the match, and subsequent matches by 50%, however, the halves of the match must be of equal duration. If the match is cancelled, the Tournament Committee will award a 0-0 tie.
Failure to Show and Forfeits
It is expected that NO games will be forfeited during this tournament, as the expressed purpose of this tournament is to encourage good sportsmanship and participation in as much soccer as possible during this weekend. Forfeits impact all other teams within the division as well as the standings and schedule. Teams that forfeit may be excluded from future RSC tournaments. A team must be ready to play prior to the scheduled kick-off time. Any team not ready to play at kick-off may risk forfeit of the game which will be awarded to their opponent. For Division 3 & 4 a minimum of eight (7) players constitutes a team. Division 5 the minimum player number is six (6). In no case will a team that has forfeited a game be declared FLIGHT WINNERS or advance to the Championship round. The flight winner or runner up will be the team having played all scheduled games and having the next best record will be the team that advances to the Championship round.
1. Ball size: The Field Marshal will supply all game balls at each field. Division 3 will play with a #5 ball. Divisions 4 and 5 will play with a #4 ball. Divisions 3 will play with #3 ball.
2. Corner kicks: All divisions shall play a standard (long) corner kick.
3. Substitutions: Substitutions without limit may be made at the following times with the permission of the referee.
ü After a goal has been scored.
ü On a goal kick by either team.
ü On a throw-in by the team in possession only.
ü After a yellow card
4. When a player receives a “caution” (yellow card) from the referee the opposing team shall be permitted an equal number of substitutions.
5. At the referee’s discretion, in case of injury, opposing team shall be permitted an equal number of substitutions. THERE WILL BE NO SUBSTITUTIONS FOR A PLAYER WHO IS RED CARDED AND REMOVED FROM THE FIELD OF PLAY.
6. Substitutes will enter the field of play at the halfway line after receiving a signal from the referee and only after the players they are replacing have left the field. Coaches should have their substitutions well organized in advance at the halfway line and should make every effort to make the substitutions promptly.
All team players must wear acceptable and identical uniforms consisting of shirt, jersey, T-shirt, shorts, socks, shin guards, and suitable footwear. All uniforms shall be appropriately numbered and such number shall coincide with the game roster. Keepers (goalies) must wear a uniform distinctly different from the other players on both teams. The Field Marshal or referee will direct removal of any apparel that in his opinion may be dangerous and/or hazardous. In the event of a uniform color clash, the designated home team will change colors. In addition:
- All players must wear shin guards, and socks must be completely pulled up over shin guards.
- No player, including the keeper, will wear helmets, hard caps, or hats.
- No jewelry or hard hair ornaments may be worn.
- A player wearing a hard cast will NOT be allowed to participate in tournament play. Properly padded soft casts may be allowed only with the approval of the Head Tournament Referee, whose decision will be considered final.
Players, coaches, and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit of the law as well as the letter of the law. Displays of offensive language, temper, or dissent are cause for ejection from the game and field of play. Coaches shall be held responsible for the conduct of all persons on their team and those supporting their team. The referee has the right to require a coach to send any unruly spectator away from the field. Should that spectator refuse to leave the immediate field of play, the referee may abandon the game.
There will be NO protests. All decisions of the RSC Tournament Committee are final.
Golf Cart Policy
You must have a valid new Jersey Drivers License to operate a golf cart at the tournament.